Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Week Two of Gratitude Everlasting – Day 12


It’s mid-November in Northern California, the sun is shining, my window is open and I’m not wearing a jacket. My irrigation system is still in full swing and temperatures haven't required me to engage the central heating yet.

This scenario is wrong on so many levels since our rainy season was supposed to begin months ago but, since this post is focused on gratitude, I will look for the silver lining.

Day 12 – November 12th – Today I am mindfully grateful for the flowers blooming in my yard.



Concerns over the driest year on record and apprehension over a climate that has shown a new tendency toward catastrophic storms aside, today I will relish the beauty that remains in late autumn and try and forget that this beauty may simply be the calm before the storm.

The flower is a calendula known for its anti-inflammatory and anti-viral properties. An edible healing flower that can soothe the body with its oils and the soul with its beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment