Saturday, November 2, 2013

Gratitude Everlasting – Day 2


So Day 2 is a bit more challenging.

Not because I’m not grateful for a multitude of people and things today but because I simply am overwhelmed at all I have to be grateful for now that I’m spending some time really thinking about it.

On any given day, I could easily say I was grateful for family, health, friends, shelter, food and each of those would be true but they would also be vague. And, for the next month, I’d like to be specific and mindfully grateful.

So after mulling over the plethora of wonderful things in my life, I have decided that today I am mindfully grateful that I have access to quality health care.

Day 2 - November 2nd - I am grateful for my access to quality health care.

(And my access to quality health care is predicated by health insurance coverage.)

Six months ago, health insurance or the care that was available with it would not have seemed like a very big deal. I didn’t go to the doctor very often.

All that changed here and with the surgeries, doctor visits and medications I’ve had lately and will continue to require, health insurance has been critical to receiving quality care without annihilating our retirement savings and children’s college funds.

Yesterday my gratitude for clean water seemed like something most individuals in first world countries could be grateful for but health care is still a concern for many people globally. We have countries still struggling to make vaccines widely available to their populations.

So today I am profoundly grateful for the availability of, and my access to, a few kick a$$ doctors and medications!

To better understand the reality for those who are unable to be grateful for access to health care, read on:
United States:

Latin America:

Africa:


NOTE: If you'd like to spend the month in a similar state of gratitude, you can play along with me here in the comments section or check out KindSpring.org to sign up for their 21-day Challenge that begins next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment