Thursday, November 28, 2013

Happy Frisbee-Aerobie-Soccer-Playing-First-Turkey-Cooking Thanksgiving - Day 28


If a picture is worth a thousand words, this will be my longest gratitude post yet.

Yesterday we enjoyed a visit from the Colorado B’s who stopped to spend a few hours with us on their whirlwind tour of California. 




This morning Grandpa T’s plane arrived early enough to get in a rousing round of Frisbee-Aerobie-Soccer, a Tinianov original!





I was fortunate to have my mom nearby for guidance while I cooked my first Thanksgiving turkey with all the trimmings. Her post-chemo hair is growing back nicely! And, if my milestone was cooking my first turkey, Brandon’s milestone was carving his first Thanksgiving turkey.




My twelve year-old asked that, in place of a grace, we go around the table stating a daily gratitude. She asked me to start and mine resembled my post from yesterday to the audience it was most appropriate for. 



We toasted health and we toasted togetherness.

Food was fabulous. Wine was delicious. Conversation was animated.

We dined outside in the incredibly warm afternoon before retiring inside so Grandpa T could walk the kids through the lighting of the menorah. 



An official Thanksgivukkah for us!                        
                    
And I have been profoundly grateful for every minute.



NOTE: If you’re late to my 30 Days of Gratitude, here is some context.

No comments:

Post a Comment