Friday, November 22, 2013

Maybe it's Not Genetic – Day 22


My mother epitomizes the phrase, “Born to Shop” and even chemo doesn’t seem to have reduced her stamina. I did not inherit that gene.

My mother has no problem parting with cash, regardless of the venue. I enjoy garage sales and thrift shops and, for the most part, refuse to pay full retail for anything.

We may be polar opposites in our merchandising preferences and habits but spending hours shopping with my mom has always been one of my favorite ways to spend a day.

Unfortunately, she lives 1600 miles away.

My mom is in town for the next two weeks and today I’m profoundly grateful for the gift of an entire day together. 

A mother-daughter bond is unique in and of itself but add the events of the last year and we now can relate on a whole different level.



(Even if I would never wear those pink pants she's rocking!)





No comments:

Post a Comment